Automatic Website Tip
By Steve Smith | Chief Solutions Architect at Automatic
Upgrade Your Website for Higher Profitability
In today’s economy, every dollar spent needs to justify its return on investment. Yet when it comes to website updates, many organizations struggle to determine what to do to and where they will get the most impact with a particular website feature or upgrade. Stay tuned as we examine ways to improve your website and help your business each month.
Website Tip – Email collection from prospective visitors
If you don’t have a newsletter or an email that you send out to prospects, then publishing one is likely the single-highest ROI action you can take. If you do have a newsletter, here are a few steps to make it more valuable. Offering an email newsletter will keep your organization top of mind. The other bonus is that newsletters help move your site away from the dependence on the search engines for traffic.
Find creative ways to collect emails with offers and promotions besides a standard “sign me up for your newsletter” link. Emails need to be treated like a precious resource and offer something to entice a response. At a minimum, email collection for your website should include the following:
- Install and configure newsletter module into your website
- Design a great looking email template which encourages customers and prospects to click through your site
- Create a great looking and enticing sign-up form with options
- Develop creative ways to entice users to sign-up
- Store and save visitor information in a database which can be integrated into other systems
- Make continual improvements and monitor what works and test new ideas frequently
As an example, check out the Chamber’s newsletter template, designed by Automatic:
Email is something everyone uses and email addresses are one of the most critical items your business should collect and utilize. It is still considered the best digital marketing tool.
For additional information on this website tip or to see how Automatic can help you, please email email@example.com.