San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce 2011 - 2014 Strategic Plan Synopsis
Our Five Strategic and Systems Thinking Questions
A. Where do we want to be?
B. How will we know when we get there?
C. Where are we today?
D. How do we get there?
E. What will/may change in the external environment in the future?
Our Year 2014 Vision
This represents our Ideal Future and projects what we ultimately want the Chamber to become.
- We will be the most influential business network, advocate and resource for growing commerce in the San Diego Region.
Our Mission...Through the Year 2014
This is the purpose and reason for the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce. It describes who we serve, our service areas, and why we exist. Our mission defines our contribution to the regional business community.
Our Mission is:
- To serve our members who include business executives, entrepreneurs, owners, and employers representing all sectors throughout the San Diego Region.
- To provide opportunities to enhance our members best business interests through networking, advocacy, and business resources.
- To partner with our members and other organizations to make the San Diego region more prosperous.
Our Core Values
These Core Values are the principles that guide our individual behavior and organizational culture.
- Providing Value
- Free Enterprise
- Member Service
Our Core Strategies
These shared Core Strategies are our mainstay deliverables and represent the primary methods and approaches to achieving our Vision and Mission.
ADVOCACY - To aggressively advocate for private sector businesses, jobs, commerce, and the regional economy.
RESOURCES - To provide and/or link members to the most useful business resources to grow commerce and employment.
CONNECTIONS - To grow a regional network that communicates to and connects our member businesses with other businesses, clusters, and consumers.
MEMBERSHIP - To make Chamber membership indispensible for all businesses in the region.
ORGANIZATION - To significantly enhance our Chamber’s organizational effectiveness.
These processes ensure our Strategic Plan remains a “living, breathing plan” that helps the Chamber achieve its mission and vision.
- Monthly Chamber Change Team Meetings Led By Chamber President Ruben Barrales
- Monthly Status Reports Delivered to the Chamber Management Council
- Quarterly Status Reports Delivered to the Chamber Board of Directors
- Quarterly All Employee Status Meetings
- Annual Strategic Review and Update with Incoming Chair of The Chamber and Additional Stakeholders
- Annual Review and Development of Action Priorities
- Haines Centre for Strategic Management to Direct New Strategic Management Office of the Chamber to Support Plan on an Ongoing Basis
Our Key Success Measures
These are the critical outcomes and results we will achieve over the Life of the Plan.
- Chamber Financial Viability
- Chamber Member Satisfaction
- Chamber Employee Satisfaction
- Contribution to San Diego Region’s Communities and Societies
The San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce recognizes the Haines Centre for Strategic Management® for facilitating our strategic planning process and helping us develop and implement our strategic management plan.